Global Information systems Technology Pvt Ltd CSR Policy
Global Information systems Technology Pvt Ltd GIST is India's leading Subscription Agent and represents global STM publishers in India.
Our CSR Vision
Through sustainable measures, actively contribute to the Social, Economic and Environmental Development of the community in which we operate ensuring participation from the community and thereby create value for the nation.
Our CSR Mission
1. Ensuring socio-economic development of the community through different participatory and need- based initiatives in the best interest of the poor and deprived sections of the society so as to help them to become SELF-RELIANT and build a better tomorrow for themselves.
- 2. Ensuring environmental sustainability through ecological conservation and regeneration, protection & re growth of endangered plant species, and promoting biodiversity.
The CSR activities we pursue will be in line with our stated Vision and Mission, focused not just around office, but also in other geographies based on the needs of the communities.
Thetwo focus areas where special Community Development program would be run are:
Our approach to implementation
1. Promoting Health care including Preventive Health care through awareness program, health check-ups, provision of medicine, treatment facilities, providing pre natal & post natal healthcare facilities, prevention of female feticide, program for preventing diseases and building immunity or contributing to Hospitals
2. Education is the tool for creating an empowered, enlightened society capable of rising to its full potential. Educating and taking care of under privileged children by contributing to such institutions who are involved in these activities.
- 3. Such other activities as the Board may consider appropriate.
We will strive to implement the aforesaid CSR activities on our own to the extent possible. Collaborating with various organizations, which are registered as a Trust or a section 8
company under the Companies Act, 2013 or Society or NGOs or any other form of entity incorporated in India that specialize in the aforesaid activities.
1. Contribution to various funds which are aligned with our Vision and Mission e.g.
• Prime Minister's National Relief Fund
• Any other fund set up by the Central Government for :
• Socio-economic development and relief.
• For the welfare of Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other Backward classes, minorities and women.
2. Collaborating or pooling resources with other companies to undertake aforesaid CSR activities.
The corpus for the purpose of carrying on the aforesaid activities would include the followings:
• 2% of the average Net Profit made by the Company during immediately preceding three Financial Years.
• Any income arising there from.
- • Surplus arising out of CSR activities carried out by the company and such surplus will not be part of business profit of the company.
Composition of the CSR committee: will consist of three directors of the company
I. Program monitoring mechanism will ensure:
Documentation and Reporting
• The CSR policy is implemented as per the Act and the Rules.
- The CSR policy is implemented ensuring that all projects/programs as budgeted are duly carried out
• The CSR Committee will prepare the annual CSR report to be filed by the Company on approval of the Board..